Hearing loss is the medical term for hearing loss. When the hearing loss is total, it is deafness. What are the natural remedies available to hear better?
Hearing loss can be linked to several causes, not all of them can be treated naturally, of course (if I may say so), but some will find their solution in what follows. Sometimes, all it takes is a plug of earwax or a “stuck” eardrum for you to hear less well. Depending on the cause, some simple remedies help you hear better.
Home remedies to improve hearing
Prepare yourself this oil which will improve hearing acuity
- Mix 60 g of chamomile flowers (Chamaemelum nobile)
- 60 g rue (whole plant)
- 60 g hot olive oil
- Leave to macerate for several days before filtering and setting aside in a glass bottle away from light.
Every morning and evening pour a few drops in each ear, tilting your head to let it penetrate and putting a small cotton ball.
Warning: rue (Ruta graveolens), is a poisonous plant, never use it internally!
Houseleek juice, remedy against hearing loss
- Collect the juice from the houseleek, by pressing its leaves or crushing them with a pestle.
- Pour a few drops several times a day in the ear.
Blow to hear better
When the hearing loss is unexplained medically and no treatment can control it, in some cases, blowing a balloon 3 times a day to inflate it completely improves hearing. Strange remedy if there is one, but one which costs nothing to be tried.
Thyme to treat hearing loss
- Boil 1 handful of thyme in 1/2 liter of vinegar.
- Get the vapors from this boil into the ear, covering the pan with an inverted funnel, and holding the ear near the end of the funnel.
- Repeat twice a day.
Stay warm after this fumigation and avoid drafts. You can replace the thyme with marjoram, wormwood, mint or sage.
Remedy for Inflammation-Related Hearing Loss
- Squeeze 1 lemon, pour a few drops into the ear. This remedy will be effective when the hearing loss is linked to inflammation of the ear canal.
Easily remove an earwax plug
Hearing loss, can come from a plug of earwax, here are 2 small remedies for extract the earplugs :
- Pour 2 drops of glycerin in each ear,
- let the excess drain normally. The liquid inside will soften the earwax.
- Continue this treatment for 2 to 3 days.
- Once the earwax has softened well, rinse your ears in this way after you shower: Fill a bowl of water at body temperature, fill a rubber pump syringe with it, tilt your head and gently inject water in the ear canal. Turn your head to the other side and let the water run out. repeat as many times as needed.
- Then dry your ears with a hair dryer (do not use a towel). Finish by pouring 1 drop of 70 ° alcohol into the ear.
- Every evening, pour in 1/2 tsp. olive oil on a piece of cotton.
- Make a small “wick” out of it and insert it into the ear. In the morning rinse with lemon juice.
- If after 4 to 5 days of this treatment your ear is still blocked, give a few injections of lukewarm water using a small pear.
- Eventually, the earwax plug will peel off and drain.
Warning: do not perform these treatments on perforated eardrums! Always ask your doctor for advice