Table of Contents
Winter comes with its share of ailments, and bronchitis is an uncomfortable experience. There are natural solutions that, thanks to their expectorant properties, can relieve us and improve our wheezing, working in conjunction with medication.
Bronchitis can be the cause, for example, of a poorly treated cough. This can happen when the layer that covers the bronchi becomes inflamed and thus prevents connection to the lungs. In such circumstances, the body may be more vulnerable to infections. This is why it is difficult to breathe, because it creates a frequent cough with excess phlegm. Fortunately, if treated early, bronchitis does not have serious consequences. Below are some natural remedies.
On the other hand, those who do not pay attention to symptoms of bronchitis can develop a chronic problem. Over time, the airways become seriously injured and the difficulty breathing increase. It can even lead to heart failure.
The different types of bronchitis
It can be caused by a virus, the flu, or a common cold..
It is spread when a person coughs and bacteria are left in the air. It can also be transmitted by physical contact. It lasts about 10 days, but the cough lasts for weeks even though the infection is gone. If followed in time, the person will surely get back into shape within a few days.
Want to know how to make a pulmonary and bronchial clearance
When the person reaches this level, they should be prepared to suffer from a permanent illness of a high severity. This happens when the bronchial mucosa has been irritated for a long time and a recurrent cough occurs. The bacteria or virus infect the bronchi and make the problem worse.
Even if the doctor gives the treatment, it is possible that there will be a relapse because the bronchi are damaged irreversibly.
How do you recognize it?
- Frequent cough
- Excess phlegm
- Chest pain
Do not hesitate to go to the doctor if you experience these symptoms:
- Cough won’t let you sleep
- Lasts more than 3 weeks
- You have blood in the secretions
- You have difficulty breathing
3 ways to treat bronchitis with herbs
1. The pine
At the start of bronchitis, make this syrup very effective for its disinfectant virtues of the bronchi.
- Macerate 50 g of Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) buds for 1 hour in 75 cl of brandy. Stirring regularly.
- Then pour over this preparation 1 liter of boiling spring water.
- Leave to stand for about 6 hours, filter.
- Add 1 kg of powdered sugar and cook until a syrup is obtained.
Also try this eucalyptus infusion …
- In 50 cl of cold spring water, throw 2 tablespoons full of dry eucalyptus leaves (Eucalyptus globulus)
- Heat and boil for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and let steep for 5 minutes and covered, filter.
- Drink 3 cups a day of this beverage to calm the pains and improve breathing.
For calm bronchial spasms, promote expectoration of mucus and for an antiseptic effect also try this decoction of thyme …
- In 50 cl of cold spring water, pour 100 g of thyme (thymus vulgaris)
- Heat and simmer for 15 minutes until reduced by about 1/3
- Let steep for 10 minutes, covered, filter
- Drink 2 cups a day of this beverage.
4. Treatment oil with essential oils against bronchitis
- HE of niaouli: 15 drops
- EO of green myrtle: 15 drops
- EO of radiated eucalyptus: 10 drops
- Inophylated calophyllum vegetable oil: 10 ml
- In a previously disinfected bottle, pour the essential oils.
- Complete with vegetable oil.
- To mix together.
- Apply a few drops of this mixture to the chest, upper back and soles of the feet. 3 times a day maximum, for 7 days maximum. This oil can be used in children from 8 years old.