Table of Contents
What Happens In Your Body When You Drink Hot Water Every Morning
When we wake up, we tend to go straight to the kitchen to make a hot cup of coffee or drink a glass of cold water. However, to get the most benefit from drinking liquid in the morning, you should try drinking a cup of lukewarm or hot water instead.
Drinking hot water first thing in the morning can provide you with many benefits, in fact it is one of the best ways to start your day off right. Here is a list of some of these health benefits:
DRINK HOT WATER EVERY MORNING TO ENJOY THESE BENEFITS …
1. It relieves pain
Drinking hot water can help soothe dry, itchy, or swollen throats. Hot water will reduce the swelling in the throat and help temporarily relieve pain. You will notice a decrease in pain almost immediately after the first sip.
2. Improves intestinal transit
Hot water relaxes the stomach muscles and soothes cramps.
It has been shown that drinking hot water helps digestion at any time of the day. According to a study conducted by the Journal of Neurogastroenterology and Motility, a group of people with achalasia (a disorder in which the muscles in the lower part of the esophagus fail to relax, preventing food from passing into the stomach) drank hot water to see how that would help them.
According to the study, 58% of people showed significant improvement in their condition after drinking hot water. Drinking a glass of warm or hot water in the morning, before eating, will help activate the colon and “wake up” your intestines more easily. That also prepares your body for better absorption of food All day long.
3. Improves circulation
Drinking hot water can also help improve blood flow in the circulatory system of your body. According to this study, when the human body is exposed to a hot temperature, the flow of blood cells increases dramatically during the initial introduction.
Blood flow then falls back to normal and begins to slowly increase as it is exposed to heat. Drinking hot water can help improve your blood circulation by warming your body from the inside out.
4. Weight loss
Drinking water in general can help with weight loss, but enjoy all the other health benefits of drinking hot water, it is the best way to consume this fat burning liquid.
According to a study conducted by the Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine, a group of obese participants were instructed to drink plenty of water to study its effect on weight loss.
After eight weeks, the researchers found that the participants experienced a decrease in their body weight, body mass index, and overall appetite.
WHY IS COLD WATER “BAD” FOR YOUR HEALTH?
Drinking cold water when you are hot on a hot summer day can feel like heaven. It helps you cool off in seconds, but never thought about what cold water causes on your body (as opposed to hot water).
- When you drink cold water, your body has to expend energy on warming the water in order to use it.
- Cold water constricts blood vessels, reducing hydration and its absorbability.
- Drinking cold water solidifies the fat in your food, causing your body to work harder to digest the food.
- Cold water creates excess mucus in your respiratory system. When your lungs are congested, you are more vulnerable to various infections and your chances of getting throat infections are higher.
Watch this short video clip that will give you something to think about the next time you have a glass of cold or iced water.
- Pain relief : http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tc/drink-extra-fluids-and-increase-humidity-to-soothe-strep-throat-topic (in English).
- Digestion : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3479247/ (in English).
- Blood circulation : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2808037 (in English).
- Weightloss : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4121911/ (in English).