Canker sore is a superficial ulceration of the oral (mouth, tongue or lips) or genital mucous membranes. In the oral environment, they can be due to an excess of acidity or to an infectious agent.
There are several remedies from grandmothers to treat them depending on the type of canker sore. However, treating canker sores naturally is not very complicated and there is no shortage of natural remedies to make them disappear quickly. Here are a few.
Treat canker sores with baking soda
The method to naturally cure canker sores with bicarbonate is to brush the canker sores with bicarbonate water. (1 tablespoon of baking soda for 1 glass of water, mix well).
- Dip a cotton swab in the lotion and brush gently.
- Repeat several times a day.
- If you are prone to canker sores, do regular baking soda mouthwashes, this will help reduce excess acidity in your mouth.
Almost everyone has cayenne chili in their kitchen, which makes it theone of the easiest and cheapest ways to get rid of canker sores. If you want to try this system, be careful not to touch your tongue with pepper if you don’t want to cry!
- Make a paste with the cayenne pepper and water, making sure it is well mixed and apply a pinch on the canker sore, being careful not to touch the rest of the mouth.
- Do not repeat more than 2 times a day, as the pepper causes irritation which does not last long.
Read also : Understanding the acid-base balance
An unexpected treatment for canker sores is actually cilantro – a simple fix that many people already have at home as a spice.
- If you have coriander leaves at home, boil them in a little water and after cooling the water, gargle 4 times a day.
- If you have coriander seeds in your pantry, boil 1 tbsp. of the seeds in a cup of water. Let sit for a day, then gargle 4 times a day.
Tea tree oil
This essential oil is rich in antibacterial properties which can cure many ailments.
- Put half a tablespoon of water in a small clean container, add 2 drops of tea tree oil and apply to the canker 3 times a day.
- You can add 10 drops of the oil to a cup of water and use as a mouthwash up to 4 times a day.
This oil is antifungal and antibacterial, making it an effective treatment for canker sores. If you have a chance to find it fresh, it will certainly have more effect.
- Apply coconut oil several times a day with a soaked cotton swab.
- Rinse your mouth for 15 minutes, twice a day, with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
Natural mouthwashes anti-canker sores
To naturally prevent the appearance of canker sores, here are some very useful mouthwashes
- Boil 100 grams of sage leaves for 1/4 hour, strain, let cool. Then perform mouthwashes.
- Take 3 times a day a mouthwash (a gargle if the canker sores are in the throat), with a decoction of crane beak (Erodium cicutarium): Throw a handful of crane beak in the value of a small bowl of cold water, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, then strain.
Natural remedies (chew) for canker sores
- Chew on blackthorn sloes (not to be confused with plum) and keep them in the mouth for as long as possible. The effect will be radical. Pick the sloes in summer and put them in a jar filled with alcohol in anticipation of winter and also on the condition of supporting alcohol.
- Chew basil leaves (Ocimum basilicum). Very effective also in treating canker sores !