How to cure tonsillitis naturally with the remedies of grandmothers?
Tonsillitis is a throat disease characterized by inflammation of the tonsils. The tonsils are organs that are found on either side of the throat. In some people, tonsillitis recurs and is often accompanied by swelling of the tonsils as a result of infection. You will see below how to cure tonsillitis naturally.
Tonsils help the body filter out bacteria, microorganisms, and dust particles that can cause infection. Sometimes the tonsils develop an infection while performing their function. The infection then spreads from the throat to other surrounding areas such as the lymph nodes, larynx and adenoids. The infection can be both viral and bacterial.
What are the symptoms of tonsillitis?
Tonsillitis infection causes sore throat, headache, sharp pain in the body, swallowing problem, fever and fatigue. The medical diagnosis of tonsillitis is made by checking the tonsils; they become swollen and red if they are infected. In severe cases, the doctor will be able to detect a discharge of pus from the tonsils.
In children, the symptom of tonsillitis is pain in the throat when swallowing; some children may also start to drool as a result of the infection. These symptoms are quite noticeable since children become cranky and refuse to eat. They won’t even want to drink water and other fluids because of the pain after swallowing. If you notice these symptoms in your child, treat her immediately before the infection spreads.
Home remedies for tonsillitis
Tonsillitis requires a lot of care if you are to treat it successfully. There are many medications available for the treatment of pain caused by infection. In extreme cases, doctors might suggest surgery to get rid of the infection. However, before you get to extreme measures, there are some natural and safe remedies that can be tried to control the infection.
1. Treat tonsillitis with lime
- Squeeze the juice of a lime in 200ml of lukewarm water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey,
- Half a teaspoon of table salt and mix well.
- Drink this mixture throughout the day to get relief from the pain and swelling due to the infection.
2. Treat tonsillitis with milk
- Drinking milk is a good way to treat tonsillitis naturally.
- Take a glass of boiled skimmed milk and add a pinch of black pepper powder
- and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- This treatment should be done for five nights in a row to reduce pain and inflammation.
3. Vegetable juice
Chronic tonsillitis can be kept under control by drinking fresh vegetable juices every day. Juices of cucumber, bitter gourd, carrots, beets and turnips are very effective in preventing tonsillitis. These juices can be drunk individually or together. Vegetable juices also strengthen the immune system which helps viruses and beneficial bacteria in the body fight off the cause of infection. Drink two glasses of vegetable juice every day to keep a strong and healthy body.
4. Sweet violet flowers
Banafsha (viola odorata) flowers have been used since ancient times to treat throat infection. For this treatment, you will need 15g of the flowers and 75ml of fat-free milk.
- Boil the flowers in milk for 7-10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and drink the milk while it is still hot.
- You can add a teaspoon of honey to improve the taste of the milk.
Alternatively, you can lightly toast the flowers in a teaspoon of clarified butter, put them in a small clean cloth and wear them around her neck at night before bed. Do not wrap flowers too tightly around the neck.
5. Fenugreek seeds
Prepare a gargle of fenugreek seeds to cure severe tonsillitis naturally. Gargling is easy to do.
- Boil a quart of water and add three teaspoons of fenugreek seeds in the boiling water.
- Soak the seeds in water for 30-35 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Let the water cool, then drain.
This entire infusion should be used in one day. Fenugreek seeds as a gargle will soothe your throat and calm the pain and swelling.
6. Salt water
A simple but effective way to prevent and treat tonsillitis is to gargle with salt water twice a day. It is an effective way to remove pus formations around the tonsils. Salt water also cleans food particles stuck in the food duct. This reduces the risk of caseum formation.
Drink three cups of chamomile tea every day to deal with the pain and swelling caused by the infection of the tonsils. You can also add a teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of black pepper powder. This will help you soothe the irritated passage in your mouth.
- Boil a few figs in 300ml of water.
- Remove from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Grind the mixture and form a poultice to apply it to the outside of the throat.
- The fig poultice will help reduce swelling in and around the tonsils.
Alum can be mixed with water and used as a gargle. It will soothe the throat and reduce the pain. Alum powder can be mixed with water to make a paste; this paste should be applied on the outside of the throat to get rid of the inflamed tonsils.
- Take 300 g of ginger and remove its skin.
- Grate the ginger or grind it in an electric blender.
- Add four teaspoons of honey and one teaspoon of powdered black pepper.
- Combine the three ingredients and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Take two teaspoons of the hot mixture immediately to soothe the throat.
- Store the rest of the mixture in the refrigerator.
- Heat the mixture a bit before using it again.
- All the ingredients used in this treatment are beneficial in reducing pain and inflammation caused by infection of tonsils.
If you frequently suffer from tonsillitis then you need to take precautionary measures to prevent the disease. Tonsillitis is triggered by spicy and fatty foods. Dishes rich in spices and condiments should be avoided. Also avoid the consumption of acidic foods like yogurt, buttermilk and pickles.