Lumbago (low back pain) usually comes on suddenly and causes severe back pain. Very often you can barely move and you are dependent on outside help. Fortunately, there are things you can do to ease the pain. Why and how?
Most lumbago are triggered by tension and trigger points in the muscles of the back and buttocks. This tension is in addition to the already high muscle tension in the lumbar belt.
Occasionally, it only takes a simple wrong movement to trigger low back pain. But fortunately. With simple muscle manipulation (osteopathy), you can usually relieve the pain immediately and regain a normal range of motion.
There are also many grandmother’s remedies to use against back pain or around the kidneys, here are some essential and proven ones. Taking medication is not always essential.
Recipes of special lumbago rub oils to make yourself
Let’s see which essential oils are effective.
1. St. John’s Wort Oil (Hypericum perforatum)
- Mix 500 g of fresh flowers in 1 liter of olive oil
- Leave to macerate for 10 days in the sun
- Apply as a massage at the base of the back twice a day to soothe back pain
Variant : The Provençal recipe “oli rouge” add 1/2 liter of white wine and let macerate for 4 days, filter and it’s ready
2. Chamomile oil
- Mix 100 g of fresh chamomile heads in 1 liter of olive oil.
- Macerate in a hot water bath for 2 hours
- Keeps for 1 year
3. Lavender oil
- Mix 100 g of lavender flowers in 1 liter of olive oil.
- Leave to macerate for 3 days in the sun, filter, repeat this operation 5 times
Keeps for 1 year
Essential oils and lumbago …
You don’t have the time or the inclination to prepare special oils for lumbago ? No problem, it is also possible to use natural essential oils. Very hot baths with a few drops of essential oils of lavender, St. John’s wort or chamomile (or all 3) taken several times a day, should get rid of the pain.
Clay against lumbago and backache …
- In case of lumbago or kidney turn, the application of hot clay poultices on the lumbar area is recommended and very effective.
Maximum recommended dose : 2 poultices every day, until healing
Gentle movements to calm the pain
Before proceeding with back pain exercises, it is necessary to analyze whether other types of treatment are necessary to combat this condition. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, decisions can range from medication to surgery. Sometimes a person with lumbago is unable to comfortably carry out daily activities. Therefore, there are cases when the simplest solutions are abandoned. Ask your doctor for advice, who may prescribe osteopathy and pain medication.
In addition to being faced with a problem in one way or another, there are certain situations that must be avoided in order for the recovery to occur as quickly as possible. Among them, constant bed rest. This delays recovery. Therefore, when the pain is not too severe, the person should stay active in order to feel better.
What’s more, the load on the back should be minimized as much as possible. To return to your old life, you need to gradually gain weight. Of course, unnecessary efforts and sudden movements should be eliminated.
A good remedy is to rely on stretching. Let’s see which ones can help us feel better. Likewise, it is not enough to do them just once, you have to do them all the time for them to have the desired effect.
Soft and relaxing twist
The first stretch that we can do for lower back pain is a soft and relaxing loop. To do this, you must:
- lie on your back and bend your knees, bringing them closer to your chest.
- Then, one leg must be placed on the other. The next step is to put your hands under your head, rest your elbows on the floor.
- Then slowly lower your legs to the side. The shoulders should always be glued to the ground.
You don’t need to put your feet in contact with the ground. The pose should be held for twenty seconds. … Finally, we will return very slowly to the starting position. We need to breathe gently throughout these exercises.
- You have to get on all fours, as if we are imitating a dog pose.
- Inhale and breathe while rounding the spine while raising the stomach well.
- Return to the starting position by relaxing the muscles. Movement and breathing are equally important. Therefore, the latter must be slow and deep.
Separation of the vertebrae
- For this exercise, we have to kneel on the floor and sit on our heels.
- Then slowly you should push your body forward, resting your chest on your legs, forearms and hands on the floor.
- Lower your head between your shoulders and hold the position for half a minute.
- After that, you have to get up, slowly, rounding your back, returning to the starting position in order to repeat the exercise again.
The breathing should be very deep and very slow. … We have to notice how the rib cage fills up.
Lower back more flexible
- Another of stretching most effective for lower back pain is standing with your feet hip-width apart. Also, keep your back straight and your stomach tense.
- Then put your hand forward. At the same time, we need to tilt our heads towards the feet, gradually bringing our hands closer to the ground.
- The spine must be rounded to separate the vertebrae …
- Then bend the knees and lower ourselves as far as possible without effort. Otherwise, we could get hurt. In this position you have to hold for twenty seconds. After that, we will gradually ascend, returning to the starting position.