Do you feel a sharp tingling in the private part? It can also itch, plus it burns during urination? You probably have a urinary tract infection. Let’s see how to treat it with natural means.
We speak of urinary tract infection (cystitis), when a significant presence of germs and pus can be detected in the urine, this can be a sign of a bacterial infection with E. coli. Even if the urine is normally sterile, it does not mean that there are no germs, but their number is very small.
A urinary tract infection can start in any part of the urinary system – the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. Most infections involve the lower urinary tract – the bladder and urethra … Doctors usually treat UTIs with antibiotics.
Table of Contents
Urinary tract infection in men and women
- In women, UTI is manifested by symptoms of pain of varying importance during urination (emitting urine in the toilet), burns, sometimes blood in urine, sometimes chills, fever and an frequent urge to urinate.
- At men’s, although rarer, the symptoms are similar to those in women, the pain can sometimes radiate into the testicles and there may be a discharge of fluid from the urethra, a burning sensation during intercourse.
In order to avoid the manifestation of these symptoms, it is obviously necessary follow basic hygiene rules and take good habits like: Drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day, do not refrain from urinating and urinate systematically after each intercourse, avoid jeans or too tight clothes and prefer them cotton underwear…
What natural solutions to fight a urinary tract infection?
Fortunately there is a wide range of solutions and remedies to treat it without taking toxic products … Here is a small selection, it’s up to you to choose the one that suits you best, you can use them alternately if you wish.
Dr Leclerc’s herbal tea
This herbal tea invented by Dr. Leclerc, helps limit the proliferation of colibacilli. You will find the ingredients in some pharmacies or in organic stores.
- Mix 50 g of woodruff flowers; 30 g of heather flowers, 20 g of hawkweed (whole plant).
- Infuse for about 7 minutes in boiling water, at the rate of one teaspoon. of mixture per covered cup.
- Filter and take 2 to 3 cups per day.
Studies have been carried out, they confirm that cranberries contain an element called proanthocyanidin capable of inhibiting the adhesion of E. coli to urothelium by its pili. The clinical series showed a decrease in the incidence of cystitis in women treated preventively with cranberry.
- A cranberry cure for 10 days a month is a good preventive treatment against urinary tract infection. You will find it in the form of tablets or capsules in pharmacies or in stores of natural products.
- Against recurrent cystitis, take 2 drops of juniper essential oil on 1 sugar for lunch and dinner. You will see, the urine will take on the smell of violets.
Very beneficial and very powerful for the urinary tract, be careful not to exceed the doses, ask your doctor for advice, before using the essential oil of juniper.
You can also use juniper berries from your kitchen, those used in sauerkraut for example, it is an ancestral remedy used in our campaigns against cystitis, prostatitis, kidney stones …
- If you have a urinary tract infection, you can use the juniper berries in infusion (1 teaspoon in a covered cup of boiling water, steep 10 minutes, strain and drink 2 to 3 cups a day for 3 weeks).
Cure of juniper berries from Father Kneipp (anti-cystitis and urinary tract infection)
- Chew 4 juniper berries on the 1st day,
- 5 the 2nd and so on up to 15 bays,
- then decrease by one berry per day until it comes down to 4… Or 23 days in all.
Relieve and treat a urinary tract infection with fruits and vegetables
Arrange 6 leeks in a round in a casserole dish and cover with olive oil. Cook until the leeks are tender. Apply them while still hot on the lower abdomen (be careful not to burn yourself) and leave to act for half an hour.
Infuse the roots (well cleaned) of a large leek for 1/4 hour in 1 bowl of boiling water. Drink several bowls a day.
Bilberry is a good anticystitis, it is also one of the most effective remedies for E. coli, often responsible for cystitis. Take 6 cups of blueberry decoction every day, preparing it as follows:
- In 1 cup of water, pour 1 tsp. of berries, boil for 5 minutes,
- then infuse for 1/4 hour before filtering.
- You can also take it in the form of juice at a rate of 2 or 3 glasses per day.
With blueberries we can make the tincture of Abbot Kneipp, it’s very easy, you have to put in 1 jar, 2 or 3 handfuls of fresh blueberry berries, add 3 cloves, 1 stick of cinnamon, then fill with a fruit brandy. Leave to macerate for 15 days before filtering. Take 1 tsp. coffee in 1 glass of hot water (or your tea), morning and evening.
It is a very good anticystitis but also effective against renal colic, edema, water retention, cellulite and rheumatism.
- Infuse 5 tablespoons of fresh blackcurrant leaves in 1 liter of boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drink 3 or 4 cups a day, after meals.
Carefully keep the cherry stems, to make herbal tea, this excellent natural diuretic is also effective against cystitis and water retention.
- Take 40 g of cherry stems in 1 liter of cold water and let macerate for 12 hours.
- Heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour over 2 peeled and sliced apples (fruit).
- Leave to infuse for another 20 minutes, then filter.
- Take 4 to 5 cups a day of this delicious herbal tea.
One factor that increases the risk of contracting a urinary tract infection is the hot climate, so be vigilant in the summer.
When it is hot, our bodies tend to need more fluid to compensate for what we lose through sweating. It is not a problem if we drink enough pure, clean water. But many find it difficult to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day. A simple and natural way to combat this problem is to drinkLEMON WATER. This is the best way to digest this infection. Start the day with a glass of hot water in which you have squeezed lemon juice.
Lemon juice changes the pH of the blood and urinary tract so that the bacteria opportunists cannot proliferate.
In its natural state, lemon juice is acidic with a pH of around 2, but once metabolized it actually becomes alkaline with a pH well above 7.. So, outside the body, everyone can see that lemon juice is very acidic. However, once fully digested, its effect is proven to be alkalizing with many health benefits.
Take a look at the other benefits of drinking lemon water …
1. Strengthens your immune system
2. Excellent source of potassium
3. Aid in digestion
4. Cleans your system
5. Refreshes your breath
6. Keeps your skin flawless
7. Helps lose weight
8. Reduces inflammation
9. Gives an energy boost
10. Helps in caffeine reduction
11. Helps fight viral infections
So, if you are not a fan of pure water and want to avoid the destructive effects of prescribed antibiotics, go for a natural, healthy, and safe remedy that you can make at home when you are suffering from UTIs: try drinking lemon water. You can drink as much as you want… but avoid the sugar! 🙂